Horseware Riding Tights - Tried & Tested
These Horseware Riding Tights are constructed in a lightweight and breathable 4-way stretch fabric that possesses antibacterial and moisture wicking qualities. The cool mesh side panels add extra breathability, while the micro-fibre knee and inside leg patches ensure durability in key areas. These riding tights feature a streamlined design with a smooth self-fabric waist for comfort. They are finished with a reflective logo details and a handy side pocket for a mobile phone, for convenience on the go. This multi-purpose style is perfect for a range of sports and activities, and even provides UPF 30 sun protection for peace of mind. What did Katie think? I’ve had the Horseware riding tights for a few weeks now and I have fallen in love with them. They have done everything and more I could have asked for. Great value for money. The Horseware riding tights might not be the cheapest on the market however, for the amount I have done in them they are worth every penny to me. The are super easy to slip on and off even after a hot day out riding. The tights have been put through the wash a few times now and still look as good as new. From them moment I put these on they were super comfortable. At first, I thought with the amount of seams when I got hot it could be uncomfortable. Fortunately, this was not the case and the mesh panel side really does keep you cool. When I first put my phone in the side pocket it felt a bit odd, not uncomfortable, just different. I have always ridden with my phone in my pocket so changing this was like changing your watch to a different hand. I really like the side pockets for your phone; it’s a lot easier to get your phone out quickly and there isn't the hassle of having to zip it back up after you have finished. There is a top lip to make sure your phone stays in place and can not slip out when riding. When I first rode in them it was a bit of a strange feeling. I have never been one to ride in jeans or leggings mainly for comfort reasons and feeling secure in the saddle especially when riding the sharper horses. After a few minutes this feeling went away and felt more connected to my horses. I have really put these riding tights through their paces in the past few weeks. I have worn them to ride in, to do yard duties, cycling, playing tennis, in the gym, on dog walks, you name it I have worn them. As you might be able to tell I quite like them. The stretch material means you are not restricted. I love the fact they can be used for different activities and keep me cool at the same time. Since having these riding tights I have had so many comments on how nice they look on, not only around the yard but also from non horsey family and friends. The way they have been designed gives your legs the most flattering look… you can't ask for better than that. I think I should point out that these are not gym leggings. In the suppliers images the material looks like the same material as gym leggings which they are not at all. This was one of the first things I noticed. Buying leg wear for myself can be really difficult, I have really long legs which means I normally have to opt for a long instead of a regular when buying jeans and always fall in that awkward category between sizes 8 &10. However, in this case they only come in a XX Small - XX Large therefore I opted for a medium and they fitted me perfectly. Due to the design of the riding tights they are stretchy which gives them a bit of leeway with sizes. Overall, I am super happy with the way they fit. Pros
- Lightweight and breathable stop the horrible feeling when doing yard duties or out riding of your breeches clinging to you.
- Perfect phone holder on the side you your legs even if you have a case on your phone, it was super stable even when I went for a blast in the fields.
- So so comfortable from the moment I put them on
- The suede on the knee gave that added grip that you get from traditional breeches
- These are definitely for summer riding and would not be suitable when the weather starts to change as I think I would get quite cold quickly in them. However, as they are super lightweight they could be used as a base layer if I needed to layer up.
- When I first got on the horse it felt a bit strange. I have always ridden in traditional breeches and at first I thought I wouldn't feel stable in the saddle however the suede on the knee gave that added grip and after a few minutes I felt I didn't want to go back to my other breeches.